For Sale: $2500.
A compact high performance recumbent tandem, purchased in 2003. The short size makes the bike more nimble and easier to transport on a standard car rack than other recumbent tandems. It can make a U-turn inside a 12-foot circle! Front captain position is similar to a short wheelbase recumbent. Rear stoker position is similar to a long wheelbase recumbent. Very comfortable.
- Fire engine red frame made of 2-inch chromoly steel tubes
- Wheelbase 54.5 inches
- Overall length 81 inches
- Sliding boom can adjust for captain’s leg length
- Rans seats slide forward and backward to accommodate rider size
- Adjustable seat back recline
- Drive train: Sugino XD 170 cranks, 34-48-57 chainrings, 11-34 cassette
- Front derailleur: Shimano 105
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Deore XT
- SRAM rocket 3×9 speed grip shifters
- Shimano Deore XT brake levers
- Avid Single Digit 5 brakes (black front, silver rear)
- Ran Flip-It handlebars in front
- 20-inch front and rear wheels
- Tires: Front- Primo Comet; Rear- Schwalbe Marathon
- Planet Bike front and rear fenders
- TerraCycle Easy Reacher rear rack
- Rans seat bag
- Weight (bike only) approx. 46 pounds
- Original owners
Located in northern Virginia (zip 20191). Prefer that buyer covers packing at local recumbent shop and shipping.
Contact: bikecommuter [at] gmail [dot] com.